Things about Testosterone
Do you know that testosterone is a male sex hormone? How important is that to have in our system? What does it do in our body? What are the effects of having an increased and decreased testosterone level?
These are the common questions that most people asking themselves with regards to this topic. But first and foremost, let us define testosterone. It is a male sex hormone but sometimes can be seen in a woman in minimal amounts that is responsible for the physical changes happening in a man’s body. This includes deepening of the voice, muscular and bone growth and development, the growth of hair in different body parts, formation of Adam’s apple, one’s sex drive, sperm production and many other things.
Most of these things happen during one’s puberty stage and this is a quite normal happening in our bodies. However, our testosterone levels decrease as we grow old and it is normal to have some changes like becoming easily exhausted and erectile dysfunction. But one may be having a problem if he experiences it early at this point in his life and it is an issue that he must be concerned about.
Ways to Increase Testosterone
But with all that said, it is still possible to increase our testosterone level. Below listed are some of them.
- You may try lifting weights and exercise regularly.
- Have a diet composed of protein, fats and carbohydrates.
- Try to lessen stress whenever possible.
- Take supplements which are helpful in increasing one’s testosterone level.
- Try taking multivitamins as studies have shown an increased testosterone level when taking one.
- Try to have a complete sleep or have a rest whenever possible.
- There are testosterone booster supplements like testogen available in the market that you could try.
Have a healthy and balanced life and try to lessen or remove the intake of foods having estrogen-like chemicals.